Friday, April 6, 2012

Waiting Children!

So I am going to try & at least once a week post some kids from Compassion who are waiting for sponsors for you guys! :)  I am going to do it by sections, I want to start off with the age group 3-6 girls & boys in Uganda, Africa.  This place is very dear to my heart!  I feel God wants me to go on a missions trip there when I am able! :)  So here are some of the kids! (Click their names to see there profile on Compassion!)

Suzan



  • Age: 6
  • Birthday: February 2, 2006
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Uganda
  • Center: Lubanyi Child Development Center
  • Child ID: UG1200735
    • Child lives in an AIDS-affected area.

  • Age: 5
  • Birthday: August 6, 2006
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Uganda
  • Center: Loro Child Development Centre
  • Child ID: UG9320051
    • Child lives in an AIDS-affected area.





  • Age: 6
  • Birthday: October 15, 2005
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Uganda
  • Center: Mukora Child Development Center
  • Child ID: UG2420319
    • Child lives in an AIDS-affected area.








My heart breaks for these kids.  Knowing that they have nothing & we have everything we could ever need at our finger tips, but yet we take it for granted as if we are guaranteed our tomorrow.  Our tomorrow is something that no one can promise us because it is not in our power to decide.  We should be doing all that is meaning full & for the Kingdom Of God with our numbered days.  But instead we sit here (I am guilty of this daily.) as if there is nothing we can do.  I think a thought that goes through our heads often is "I can't do anything. Besides someone else will get to it before me."  When in reality what if God is sitting in Heaven saying this is "Your" child.  Waiting for you to make a move.  We need to have our eyes, ears, & hearts open to what God has to say.  

These kids are such an inspiration to me.  They are so satisfied with the little that they have.  In their minds all they need are their family, which is everyone around them.  I wish everyone thought that way.  If only we all treated each other like these kids do.  Kids like these are TRUE images of God.  You can see His unconditional love in their eyes.  I want to live like that. 



3 comments:

  1. I'm a Compassion advocate and love it! Are you an advocate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not an advocate yet! But myself & my 2 other friends that run this blog with me are trying to get donations from people so that Ready Hands, Willing Hearts can sponsor a little girl who is 6! Her name is Vicencia! We are also going to raise money to buy supplies & such for the people over in Ghana! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sponsor six children via the church I attend. We share about their daily life by sending letters and small gifts and of course sponsor money. We send extra at a child's Birthday. Yesterday we learned that one child had spent it on basic food items for her "family"!

    ReplyDelete