Saturday, April 7, 2012

Together We Will Save

Hello, Kaitlyn here!  It's my very first post on Ready Hands, Willing Hearts!  I'm super exciting to see how God will use me & the other girls in this new project, to say the least.   I know that Ellyn & Alyssa really feel that God has put this desire in their hearts, & I'm happy to say God has put that same desire into my heart.  This isn't extremely new to me.  My family use to sponsor a fourteen year old girl through Compassion, her name was Angie, if I remember correctly.  I believe she was the eldest child of seven in her family & I only wish I could remember what country she lived in.  We sponsored her for a good couple of months, sent letters & pictures to her.  I had have been no older then ten at the time, I can just barely remember it.  Our whole family loved Angie to death!  She was the sweetest girl!  Unfortunately God had another plan, soon after becoming Angie's sponsor my father lost his job went the place he worked at closed.  We had to sadly stop sponsoring her.

Money is so tight for so many people now.  We live in an entirely different world.  Most people can't afford $40 a month for someone else.  Some people are just barely getting by themselves.  I've watched so many families suffer through these stuff times.  And I truly understand that people just can't afford to sponsor for children, when just passing by with feeding their own.  I so get that. 

To sponsor a child it will cost $39 a month.  Alyssa & I are currently jobless.  I believe Ellyn may be new into working. She may not have a job, I'm unsure of it at the moment.    So the three of us can't pay the total $39 a month.  We only wish we were in that spot now, but since we aren't I've thought of a little idea we could try. 

I'm sure there are a lot of people who are wanting to sponsor a child but like I mentioned before, just can't afford to pay the whole forty a month.  So I've came up with the plan to allow people to share a cost of sponsoring!  It could become SO successful, & I pray it will! 

We need 4 people willing to donate $10 dollars to help us sponsor for a child.  Just FOUR people.  Can you?  Do you know someone who might like to? 
Now you won't be put under a contract or anything.  We won't make you pay EVERY month. You can just do this month & then we can find another person to help the next. 

$10 is "a lot" to take out of your bank account, but it's a whole lot more do-able then $40.   Could you do that for one of the precious children suffering?  Could you help us change someones life?  That ten dollars will make a MUCH bigger difference then I bet you could even imagine!  God will use that $10 & multiply it!  I know He will! 

These are God's children, red, yellow, black or white we are all precious in HIS sight!  

 
We're going to make us an email address soon but until then please contact me HERE & tell me if you are willing to donate just $10 to save a life. 

We're looking for four people to donate, TEN dollars.  Please contact us if you are willing to. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi ladies! I just stumbled across your blog today and I am so excited about y'all's hearts and passion for Compassion! I sponsor several sweet kids through Compassion and it has been an enormous blessing. Keep up the good work! I'll be praying for you girls :)

    ~Hannah~

    ReplyDelete