Sunday, April 8, 2012

Up Coming Event!

We are putting together a "Walk For Compassion", the money raised from this walk with be split in two.  Half of it will go towards the child we sponsor & the other half will go towards buying shoes & clothes for those in need in Africa! 

How the walk will work is we will determine the amount of miles we wish to walk & then I will find people who would like to walk with us.  Each person that walks with us will be given a Sponsor sheet a week or 2 in advanced so that they can get sponsors.  You will explain to the sponsor what the "Walk For Compassion" will be benefiting.  Your sponsor can either give you a "Lump sum" of how ever much they wish to give or they can donate by the amount of miles we walk.  EXAMPLE:  The Johnson family will give $4 for every mile we walk!
You will be asked to try your best to get at least 3 sponsors.

Now you do not have to live here in AZ to participate! One of our loyal members Kaitlyn lives in VA & is going to try & do a walk in her town. So what will need to happen is if you are interested in doing the walk please email me at ReadyHandsWillingHearts@gmail.com & let me know where you will be holding the walk & how many miles you will be walking.  Then feel free to invite friends & family to join you on this walk!

We will give a deadline for money collecting.  I discussed with my parents how we would get the money from y'all.  So what it came down to is either getting cash or sending to us through Pay-Pal.  My mom doesn't want to risk getting checks & then having it mess with their bank accounts.  So cash or Pay-Pal is how it will be.  If you have questions feel free to email me.

I will let you guys no when we decide on a date for the walk! :)

2 comments:

  1. First, I love the Matisyahu song on your blog. Usually I don't like automatic music, but we are big fans of Matisyahu!

    Second, I love your heart for Ghana.

    I wanted to mention the ChipIn site, which will give you a secure site to take donations. I do this for our co-sponsorship of Kwagala Deborah on my blog.

    Love your heart to help. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops, just saw that you already have a ChipIn widget! Sorry!

      Delete